Our veggie baskets
- What’s in a basket?
- Sizes and prices
- Delivery locations
- Flower share
- Vacations and missed baskets
- Sign up!
What is CSA?
Community Supported Agriculture creates a direct connection between you and your farmer. You purchase a share of the harvest at the beginning of the season, and we deliver vegetable baskets to your neighbourhood every week from early summer to late fall. CSA provides you with fresh, local, certified organic vegetables and gives your family an active role in sustainable, local organic agriculture.
As your farmers, we make sure you get your share’s worth. We carefully plan the season in advance, we choose diverse varieties that are adapted to our growing climate, we protect and cultivate the crops all summer, and we maintain a productive relationship with you throughout the year to ensure a plentiful and varied basket every week. Let’s celebrate the harvest together!
Each basket contains a variety of 8 to 10 different vegetables, all grown on the farm. We produce about 50 different kinds of vegetables (about 150 varieties). The selection varies with the season.
- Greens! Kale, lettuce, spinach, swiss chard, mesclun, arugula, mizuna…
- Roots! Carrots, beets, potatoes, onions, garlic, leeks, turnip, radish, daikon…
- Hot-season colours! Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, zucchini, melon…
- Cool-season greens! Broccoli, cauliflower, bok choi, cabbage, kohlrabi, brussels sprouts…
- And more! Winter squash, beans, peas, fennel, celeriac, parsley, cilantro, dill
Here’s what you might find in the basket at different times of the year:
|June basket||August basket||October basket|
|1 pound snap peas
1 bag salad mix
1 bunch kale
1 greenhouse cucumber
1 bag spinach
1 bunch of beets
1 bunch green onions
1 bunch sweet turnips
1 bunch red radishes
1 bunch basil
1 pound green beans
2-3 field cucumbers
2 bell peppers
1 head lettuce
1 bunch carrots
1 bunch fresh onions
1 bunch cilantro
|1 butternut squash
2 heads garlic
2lb beets or turnips
2lb storage onions
1 bag mesclun mix
1 bag spinach
1 bunch leeks
1 qt brussels sprouts
2 lb potatoes
SUMMER CSA (20 weeks from mid-June to late-October)
Regular weekly basket, $660
A weekly share provides a household of 3-4 people with veggies to last through the week.
Regular bi-weekly basket, $340
A bi-weekly share provides 1-2 people with enough veggies for two weeks. You simply pick up a regular-size basket every two weeks.
Family weekly basket, $860
Our family share provides you with a weekly basket plus 30% extra of our most popular vegetables for households that eat a lot.
BULK VEGGIES: Partners will have the option of buying surplus veggies during the season according to supply.
How do we price our shares?
Our share prices represent an average weekly value of $34. We aim to provide 15% surplus as your reward for investing in the farm while also taking into account seasonal variations that come with farming in our region.
- Ottawa (New Edinburgh): 326 Mackay Street (St. Luke parking lot), Thursdays from 4 pm to 7 pm
- Wakefield: 831 Ch Riverside (Alpengruss parking lot), Thursdays 3 pm to 5 pm
- Lascelles: 360 Ch des Érables (Magasin Général La Pêche), Thursdays 3 pm to 8 pm
- At the farm: 460 Ch Kalalla in Low, Thursdays 3 pm to 8 pm
You will be asked to choose one delivery point for the season at registration, but you can adjust your calendar and location during the season in accordance with our basket scheduling policy.
What to do when you can’t pick up your basket at the usual place and time?
- Send someone to pick up the basket in your place. We don’t need to know their name, but they will need to give us your name.
- Use the online calendar to change your delivery dates or locations.
- You must make your changes at least 48 hours in advance.
- You can reschedule up to 2 baskets each season.
- You can also obtain credit on your online account for the value of 1 additional basket. You can use this credit for extra orders at the CSA delivery point or at our stand at the Wakefield Market.
- Scheduling and location changes are subject to weekly harvest capacity.
- Visit our MEMBERS’ PAGE to access the online calendar and manage your account.
If you simply miss or forget your basket without notification you can arrange to pick up your veggies up to three days after the delivery date:
- at our stand at the Wakefield Market (Saturday 9am 1pm only)
- at the farm (anytime Friday to Sunday)
- You must contact us by Friday evening to let us know your plans.