Our veggie baskets
- What’s in a basket?
- Sizes and prices
- Delivery locations
- Flower share
- Vacations and missed baskets
- Sign up!
What is CSA?
Community Supported Agriculture creates a direct connection between you and your farmer. You purchase a share of the harvest at the beginning of the season, and we deliver vegetable baskets to your neighbourhood every week from early summer to late fall. CSA provides you with fresh, local, certified organic vegetables and gives your family an active role in sustainable, local organic agriculture.
As your farmers, we make sure you get your share’s worth. We carefully plan the season in advance, we choose diverse varieties that are adapted to our growing climate, we protect and cultivate the crops all summer, and we maintain a productive relationship with you throughout the year to ensure a plentiful and varied basket every week. Let’s celebrate the harvest together!
Each basket contains a variety of 8 to 10 different vegetables, all grown on the farm. We produce about 50 different kinds of vegetables (about 150 varieties). The selection varies with the season.
- Greens! Kale, lettuce, spinach, swiss chard, mesclun, arugula, mizuna…
- Roots! Carrots, beets, potatoes, onions, garlic, leeks, turnip, radish, daikon…
- Hot-season colours! Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, zucchini, melon…
- Cool-season greens! Broccoli, cauliflower, bok choi, cabbage, kohlrabi, brussels sprouts…
- And more! Winter squash, beans, peas, fennel, celeriac, parsley, cilantro, dill
Here’s what you might find in the basket at different times of the year:
|June basket||August basket||October basket|
|1 pound snap peas
1 bag salad mix
1 bunch kale
1 greenhouse cucumber
1 bag spinach
1 bunch of beets
1 bunch green onions
1 bunch sweet turnips
1 bunch red radishes
1 bunch basil
1 pound green beans
2-3 field cucumbers
2 bell peppers
1 head lettuce
1 bunch carrots
1 bunch fresh onions
1 bunch cilantro
|1 butternut squash
2 heads garlic
2lb beets or turnips
2lb storage onions
1 bag mesclun mix
1 bag spinach
1 bunch leeks
1 qt brussels sprouts
2 lb potatoes
SUMMER CSA (20 weeks from mid-June to late-October)
Weekly basket, $620
A weekly share provides a household of 3-4 people with veggies to last through the week.
Bi-weekly basket, $320
A bi-weekly share provides 1-2 people with enough veggies for two weeks. You simply pick up a regular-size basket every two weeks.
Family basket, $800
Our family share provides you with a weekly basket plus 30%-35% extra of our most popular vegetables for households that eat a lot.
WINTER VEGGIES: Partners will have the option of buying surplus veggies at the end of the regular season.
How do we price our shares?
Our share prices represent a weekly value of $32, based on our prices at the local farmer’s market. We aim to provide 10% to 15% surplus as your reward for investing in the farm while also taking into account seasonal variations that come with farming in our region.
- Ottawa (New Edinburgh): 203 Stanley Avenue (New Edinburgh Park Field House), Thursdays from 4 pm to 7 pm
- Gatineau (Val-Tétreau): 1 rue Sainte-Ursule, Thursdays 4 pm to 7 pm
- Wakefield: Centre Wakefield La Pêche, 38 Chemin de la Vallée de Wakefield, Thursdays 4 pm to 7 pm
- Lascelles: Magasin Général La Pêche, 360 Chemin des Érables, Thursdays 4 pm to 7 pm
- At the farm: 460 Chemin Kalalla in Low, Thursdays 4 pm to 7 pm
You will be asked to choose one delivery point for the season at registration, but you can adjust your delivery schedule and location during the season in accordance with our basket scheduling policy.
Feed your soul with local, naturally raised flowers from Wakefield’s Franktown House Flowers. From delphiniums in June to sunflowers in September, the bouquets reflect seasonal rhythms and will brighten your office or home. Shares are available for delivery to all our CSA drop-offs. For more information and to sign up for a share, visit www.franktownhouse.ca
What to do when you can’t pick up your basket at the usual place and time?
- Send someone to pick up the basket in your place. We don’t need to know their name, but they will need to give us your name.
- Use the online calendar to change your delivery dates or locations.
- You must make your changes at least 48 hours in advance.
- You can reschedule up to 2 baskets each season.
- You can also obtain credit on your online account for the value of 2 additional baskets. You can use this credit for extra orders at the CSA delivery point or at our stand at the Wakefield Market.
- Scheduling and location changes are subject to weekly harvest capacity.
- Visit our MEMBERS’ PAGE to access the online calendar and manage your account.
If you simply miss or forget your basket without notification you can arrange to pick up your veggies up to three days after the delivery date:
- at our stand at the Wakefield Market (Saturday 9am 1pm only)
- at the farm (anytime Friday to Sunday)
- You must contact us by Friday evening to let us know your plans.