Job Posting: FARM ASSISTANT
Salary: $13 depending on experience
Hours: Weekdays and some weekends, hours according to season, 40h/week
Dates: May – October 2019
The farm assistant will work with the farm managers in all aspects of vegetable production and marketing, including:
– Harvest and packing for CSA and farmer’s market.
– Greenhouse work: seeding, watering, and maintenance
– Field work: weeding, seeding, transplanting, irrigation, cultivation, trellising, etc.
– Participation in farm events: CSA deliveries, farmer’s market.
– Interest in working on an organic farm and learning farm systems
– Strength and endurance
– Prior work on a farm and/or doing other outdoor physical work
– Experience with tools and building materials
– Ability to work well with others and on your own
– Bilingualism is an asset
– A driver’s license is an asset
– A positive attitude is a must!
Skills you will learn include:
– Crop management and planning
– CSA management and marketing
– Organic pest and weed control
– Season extension methods
– Hand tool and tractor work, and equipment maintenance
– Access to our farm library
Contact: Richard Williams and Charlotte Scott